WATCH THIS EVERYDAY AND CHANGE YOUR LIFE

WATCH THIS EVERYDAY AND CHANGE YOUR LIFE

Speech by: Denzel Washington
DREAM BIG

Denzel Hayes Washington Jr. is an American actor, director, and producer. he is one of the best in his profession when he was asked for his top secrets, his answer had a great psychological impact on the minds of many people ...

Denzel Washington motivation


I found that nothing in life is
worthwhile unless you take risks
nothing Nelson Mandela said there is no
passion to be found playing small and
settling for a life that's less than the
one you're capable of living now I'm
sure in your experiences in school and
applying to college and picking your
major and deciding what you want to do
with life I'm sure people that told you
to make sure you have something to fall
back on make sure you've got something
to fall back on honey but I never
understood that concept having something
to fall back on if I'm going to fall I
don't want to fall back on anything I
want to fall forward I figure at least
this way I'll see what I'm going to hit
without consistency you'll never finish
so do what you feel passionate about
passionate about take chances
don't be afraid to fail there's a no
like you test was nine dots and you had
to draw five lines with a pencil within
these nine dots without lifting the
pencil the only way to do it was to go
outside the box don't be afraid to think
outside the box don't be afraid to fail
big to dream big but remember dreams
without goals
my just dreams Reggie Jackson struck out
26 hundred times in his career the most
in the history of baseball but you don't
hear about the strikeouts people
remember the homeruns
fall forward Thomas Edison conducted
1,000 failed experiments did you know
that I didn't know that because the
1,000 and first was the light bulb fall
forward every failed experiment is one
step closer to success you've got to
take risks and I'm sure you probably
heard that before but I want to talk to
you about why that's important you will
fail at some point in your life accept
it you will lose you will embarrass
yourself you will suck at something
there's no doubt about it
and I know that's probably not a
traditional message for a graduation
ceremony today I'm telling you embrace
it
because it's inevitable in the acting
business you fail all the time early on
in my career I auditioned for a part in
a Broadway musical perfect role for me I
thought except for the fact that I can't
sing I didn't get the job
but here's the thing I didn't quit I
didn't fall back I walked out of there
to prepare for the next audition and the
next audition and the next audition I
prayed I prayed and I prayed
but I continue to fail and fail and fail
but it didn't matter because you know
what there's an old saying you hang
around the barbershop long enough sooner
or later you're going to get a haircut
so you will catch a break and I did
catch a break last year I did a play
called fences on Broadway but here's the
kicker he was at the Court Theatre it
was at the same theatre that I failed at
first audition 30 years prior
the point is every graduate here today
has the training and the talent to
succeed but do you have the guts to fail
if you don't fail you're not even trying
I'll say it again if you don't fail
you're not even trying to get something
you never had you have to do something
you never did its imagine you're on your
deathbed and standing around your
deathbed are the ghosts representing
your unfulfilled potential the ghosts of
the ideas you never acted on the ghosts
of the talents you didn't use and
they're standing around your bed angry
disappointed and upset they say we came
to you because you could have brought us
to life they say
and now we have to go to the grave
together so I ask you today how many
ghosts are going to be around your bed
when your time comes
[Music]
I just got back from South Africa's
beautiful country but there are places
there with terrible parvat poverty that
need help when Africa's just the tip of
the iceberg the Middle East needs your
help
Japan needs your help Alabama needs your
help Tennessee needs your help
Louisiana needs your help Philadelphia
needs your help
the world needs a lot and we need it
from you we really do we need it from
you young people I mean I'm not speaking
for the rest of us up here but I know
I'm getting a little grayer we needed
from you the young people because
remember this but you got to get out
there you got to give it everything you
got
whether it's your time your your your
talent your prayers or your treasures
[Music]
what are you going to do with what you
have I'm not talking about how much you
have some of you are business majors
some of you or theologians nurses
sociologists some of you have money some
of you have patients some of you have
kindness some of you have loved some of
you have a gift of long-suffering
whatever it is whatever your gift is
what are you going to do with what you
have
alright now here's my last point about
failure sometimes it's the best way to
figure out where you're going your life
will never be a straight path I began at
Fordham University as a pre-med student
I took a course called that
cardiac morphogenesis I couldn't read it
I couldn't say it that sure couldn't
pass it so then I decided to go into
pre-law then journalism and with no
academic focus my grades took off in
their own direction I was a 1.8 GPA and
the university very politely suggested
that it might be better to take some
time off I was 20 years old I was at my
lowest point and then one day and I
remember the exact day March 27th 1975 I
was helping my mother and her beauty
shop my mother owned a beauty shop up in
my Vernon and there's there was this
older woman who was considered one of
the elders in the town and I didn't know
her personally but I was looking in the
mirror and every time I looked through
the mirror I could see her behind me and
she was staring at him she just kept
looking at me every time I looked at it
she kept giving me these strange looks
so she finally took the dryer off her
head and says to sump she said something
I'll never forget
she said young boy I have a prophecy a
spiritual prophecy
she said you are going to travel the
world and speak to millions of people
and in the years that follow just as
that woman prophesized I have traveled
the world and I have spoken to millions
of people through my movies millions who
up till this day couldn't see me I hope
who up till this day I couldn't see
while I was talking to them and they
couldn't see me because only see the
movie it couldn't see the real me but I
see you today
and I'm encouraged by what I see and I'm
strengthened by what I see
because taking risk is not just about
going for a job it's also about knowing
what you know and what you don't know
it's about being open to people and to
ideas the chances you take the people
you meet the people who love the faith
that you have that's what's going to
define you
never be discouraged never hold back
give everything you've got and when you
fall throughout life remember this fall
forward

This Article has no negative impact on the original works
This Article is also used for teaching purposes.
It is transformative in nature. I ONLY used bits and pieces of articles to get the point across where necessary.

All credit goes to respective owners. Only for educational purposes.

Post a Comment

0 Comments