I CAN, I WILL, I MUST - Arnold Schwarzenegger




I CAN, I WILL, I MUST - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Arnold Schwarzenegger the bodybuilding sensation had everyone's attention when his prime in bodybuilding, now he broke the internet with his inspiring speech...

Speech by: Arnold Schwarzenegger Speeches are from "Arnold Schwarzenegger speaks with Guenther Ziesel" by Guenther Ziesel and "Arnold Schwarzenegger's 2010 Emory Commencement Address" by Emory University

Arnold Schwarzenegger motivation


I think the secret to success it doesn't
matter if you come from a little village
or from a big town there's one thing
that you have to do and that is you have
to first of all work your ass off and
number two you have to have a very clear
vision of where you want to go
you have to be brave you have to be
tough have to discipline to follow
through and it is very important that
you don't listen to the naysayers
because in every step of the way
when you make decisions like I'm gonna
be a bodybuilding champion in awe of the
world people say this is impossible this
is an American sport that's never gonna
happen when I went in I wanted to be in
the movies to say you have an accent
it's never gonna happen that whenever
became a leading man when you have an
accent
everything is always impossible until
someone does it trust yourself
break some rules don't be afraid to fail
ignore the naysayers and stay hungry let
me tell you I've made a fortune in
several careers and have been very
successful in several careers by
ignoring the naysayers and believing in
myself
imagine you're 15 years old Indian
Austria and you say to the people I want
to be the bodybuilding champion of the
world
of course they come here and say but
wait a minute this is an Austrian sport
bodybuilding that's an American sport
but you know something I had it very
clear my vision and then do exactly what
I wanted to do I wanted to be a
bodybuilding champion and I started
training one hour a day two hours a days
three hours a day by the time I was in
military service with the age of 18 I
trained for five hours a day and I
became the youngest mr. universe ever
the youngest world championship in the
age of 20 so much for it can't be done
and right after that because there's 80
of the be hungry event after my next
goal which was to come to America I came
over here with empty pockets but full of
Dreams full of desire I knew that this
was where I could continue my
bodybuilding career and sudden acting
also go into the acting profession so I
emigrated here and I kept training and
training hours every day five or six
hours a day and one one world
championship after the other but the
time I was finished with bodybuilding I
want 13 world championship titles more
than anyone
and then again it was hungry to move on
because you can't do bodybuilding for
the rest of your life I wanted to move
on and I knew it was acting that I
wanted to get into but they again have
faced the same obstacles where people
said it can't be done when I talk to
agents they said to me you cannot become
just an act and walk in the movies and
say I just don't want to become an actor
I want to be a leading man they say oh
forget about that they laughed I mean
with you accent no one has become a
leading man with your accent and with
your body look at all those bumps
sticking out this overdeveloped body
they were in 20 years ago in the de
Turkish movies but now it's Dustin
Hoffman it's Al Pacino it's Rudy how and
there's the new sex simples only
understand it look at the oh forget it
it will never happen and with your name
spots and schnitzel
or whatever your name is I can see that
already up then the Billboard says I
gotta sell any tickets but you know
something I didn't listen to them I
started working very hard just like in
bodybuilding five six hours that they
went to acting classes speech classes
dialog classes accent removal classes
everything that you can think of I did
and slowly everything started happening
all of those liabilities that they
talked about started turning into assets
when it had Conan the Barbarian the
director came to me and he said if he
wouldn't have you people don't have to
build one and on Terminator the director
said I couldn't imagine to have anyone
played terminated it wouldn't have an
accent
they wouldn't have your body
I cannot imagine the line I'll be back
with a normal American accent it works
so perfectly to give his German accent
so all of those things that they say the
liabilities became an asset the moment
as moment went on at the grew and grew
and I went from one movie to the next so
to make more and more money than a hand
ended up being the highest-paid actor
with 30 million dollars in 2003 that
just shows you again so much for it
can't be done
this is why I try to tell you anything
and everything can be done if you can
visualize it if you believe in yourself
never give up and never be afraid of
failure because otherwise you box
yourself in and you limit yourself I was
never afraid to fail when I ran for
governor I was never afraid to fail to
tackle anything because you should not
be afraid of failure that's just part of
life
look your ass off
there is no magic bill though is no
magic out there
I'm a big believer in there's no such
thing as a self-made man because as so
many times people say that yourself made
man you're the perfect example of the
American Dream and this and that it is a
whole great compliments but the reality
says I always said that you can call me
anything you want you can call me Arnie
schwartzie Governator schnitzel whatever
you want to call but don't ever call me
self-made man because I would not be
here if I wouldn't have had parents that
were dedicated and gave us the love and
affection and the discipline and all of
the stuff right from the beginning I
wouldn't be here if I wouldn't have had
to help from so many body builders in
Graz that helped me then all the way the
Munich are Babu sick then shall we do
that brought me to America he brought me
the America and he gave me the
confidence he paid for the first
apartment in Santa Monica without there
that wouldn't have made it so how can I
say that I'm a self-made man including
when I was governor I had 5 million
people voting for me every one of those
people did voted for me helped me to
become governor how can I say that I
made myself right so this it will be
nonsense universe so this is why I say
those are the things that I think more
important for me to be successful in
durga said it is better than from what
village you come from anyway you have to
recognize that there's a kind of the
elements that make one successful
right away from body going on when I
worked out
I didn't just lift for myself I wanted
to lift the entire sport I always was
interested to work toward something that
is bigger than me something that is
going to be around much smaller than me
I'm gonna be gone one that the body
double should not be gone
but how successful you get no matter how
old you get you always have to be hungry
for more you always have to be hungry
for learning new things
because he never learned enough I for
instance learned when I grew up I always
thought that greatness was directly tied
to fame and fortune I thought that the
bigger career and the money that
achievement would equal success but I
was dead wrong but I learned that later
on I learned that totally by coincidence
with the University of Wisconsin did a
research program on what effect weight
training would have for Special
Olympians for intellectually challenged
people they called me they said Arnold
you're the expert in this subject we
want you to come up to the University
and to help us with our program to help
us with our Special Olympians and I flew
up to the University of Wisconsin and I
helped and there were these kids the
first exercise we decided to do was
bench press and they were all standing
in line the first kid lay down on the
bench
I put the 40-pound barbell over his
chest and they did a simple exercise of
bench press he did ten reps
then he got up and then the next one
laid down I put the bar below within his
chest and then that kid started
breathing really heavy and all of a
sudden he started screaming really loud
and he jumped up a put the bar back and
he started shaking I realized that he
was scared of the weight so I calmed him
down and said this okay just watch your
friends through the bench press maybe
you want to try it again
and the friends came through and they
did all the benchpress everyone did
great performance and then all of a
sudden he stood in line on my enemy and
tried again he laid down this time I
gave him the empty bar just the 20
pounds
and he did 10 reps then I said you want
to have more plates on it more weight
he said yes except put too much plates
on it now goes back to the 40 pounds
that he had earlier and it did 10 more
reps then he said more then he put two
more plates on it night was 60 pounds
did another 10 reps and he said more
they've been 80 pounds then I lifted the
whale off and he jumped up high-five
everyone and was so excited and I was it
was a real eye-opener for me because
when I saw that kid come from Terra he
self-confidence in a short period of
time so what do you do remember have a
vision think big
ignore the naysayers work your ass off
and give back and change the
because if not us who if not now when

Post a Comment

0 Comments